Wurlitzer Bass string breakage.

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 23:01:39 -0500

Alan Ladd posted:
>>...I have never had this type of problem installing a universal
bass string before....<<

Alan, I am not trying to do a one-up-man-ship(?) on you, but I had an
occassion sometime in the distant past where three universal strings broke
and the fourth held, all on the same service call, and all involving one
broken string replacement.

I have been tuning and repairing pianos for approximately eighteen years.  It
never happened before that time and hasn't happened since.  Nonetheless, it
was quite disconcerting at the time, and I was beginning to question reality.

You might try tying a string knot in the original string for now until you
are able to secure the correct size replacement.  Who knows, other than
visible appearance, the string knot might be what the doctor ordered.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma