Damppchasers

Ken Hale khale@oro.net
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 07:43:19 +0000

On 15 Dec 95 at 6:11, Kenneth W. Burton wrote Re: Damppchasers:

>     To all who have to cope with great humidity variations throughout
> the cycle of the year:

>     This is making me very sceptical about the effectiveness of the
> Damppchaser. Is it worth bothering with?

Hi Kenneth,

This is a question I have often asked myself and my conclusion is
that it would be worse without a Humidity Control System. I have
never proven that to myself by uninstalling a system and checking the
piano for a couple of years.

I have some pianos, with Systems, that are not as stable as other
pianos, with Systems. I have seen pretty dramatic positive effects
after installing Systems on known pianos and still believe they work and are
worth the trouble. Some of the inconsistencies, I blame on the
weather.(g)

How many dehumidifier & humidifier units do you have installed? I
have a few grands with 2 humidifiers (operated by one humidistat) and
six to eight 35-50Watt dehumidifiers. Call Damppchaser for advise,
they are very helpful.

Ken Hale, RPT

PianoDB: http://www.dcalcoda.com
kenhale@dcalcoda