Damppchasers

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 20:08:00 -0500

>     This is the third winter for the piano and there is no tuning
>stability. Yesterday, when I tuned it, the R.H. in the room was 29% and I
>had to raise the pitch 10 cents. On November 9, the last time I tuned it,
>the R.H. was also 29% and I had to raise the pitch 8 cents.

Can you be absolutely certain as to the temperature of the room throughout
the winter?  If the answer is no, there is your next pickle.  Can you be sure
someone is filling the tank regularly?
I have one- count 'em- *one* customer out of the 1200 I tune for yearly who
has a Damp Chaser system.   Its installed in a Steinway L and it works just
fine.  However, It is in his house and he fills the tank, keeps the temp
comfortable, etc.  I tune it yearly and it requires very little work.  In
your case, I think there's just too many variables out of your control.  Good
luck.

Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com