Damppchasers

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 10:44:12 -0500

Me, again, Hi, All,
      I have a Climate Control System in a professor's Sohmer 45S and right
next door in the same building is another 45S without a CCS.  The professor is
very sensitive to the tune of the piano and is estatic that he is it and
faithfully waters it himself.  The un CCS changes pitch radically with any
change in humidity.
      I have another CCS installed in a Yamaha U1D in a bassoonists studio
who also is grateful for it and waters it faithfully.  In studios on either
side of him are Yamaha U1Ds without CCS and they go crazy.
      I do not have CCS in all pianos because my budget will not allow tghat
expenditure (no guff about cost vs durability;  I have talked myself blue but
the funds are not there.) and I would not have the time to patrol the pianos to
make sure all the lights are out.
      So, yes, they are worth it.  They will _not_ stop all changes but they
_will_ confine the changes to a tollerable and save for the piano range.
            Newton
            nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu