Unbuttoned Jacks

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Sun, 17 Dec 1995 08:42:22 -0500

Someone remind me because it's been awhile since I've done this. Soon I'm
going to regulate a grand action whose jacks have no spoons or buttons.
What's a quick, accurate and stable way of setting the jack under the
knuckle? I seem to remember taking snippets of the skin from a flat damper
strip, or maybe some white nameboard felt. (But my memory grows dim with the
passing years....)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter (See, it's not so difficcult to sign your name!)

"You say Carmina, I say Carmana, You say Burina, I say Burana, Carmina,
Carmana, Burina, Burana, Let's call thewhole thing *Orff*. "
      Jeff Stickney, RPT University of Montana