Saws, Inca and others

Mortier@aol.com Mortier@aol.com
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 23:03:56 -0500

I have a Ryobi table saw and like it very much. A cabinetmaker would prefer a
heavier model, I believe, but for a piano restorer, it's fine for pinblocks
and case parts. It's very accurate (when set up correctly). I had to remove
the saw guard to do some cuts, and just left it off. I have another "table
saw", a Shopsmith. It's such a pain to set up, though, I use it as a drill
press (nice for blocks, as table is large and it tilts), lathe, and belt
sander. My band saw is a Grizzly (Taiwanese). It cuts accurately if the feed
is slow.

Philip Jamison