Dampp-Chaser problems

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 02:24:58 -0500

>I need to increase the power levels of the Dampp-Chaser systems
>but am reluctant to do so unless I can also deal with the problem of
>moving air.  Practical suggestions would be welcome.  Baffles?
> Screens?  String covers?  Remember that I have an unused room
>humidifier to work with, if I can keep its output from being "wasted"
>on the rest of the building.

Kent,

You might want to contact Bob Mair at Dampp-Chaser directly.  They are in the
process of developing a number of new products which use a plastic sheet
sheet as a moisture barrier, thereby lessening the amount of loss to the air
and increasing the amount of humidity control that is applied to the
soundboard.  I'm not sure how much of this is available to us in the field,
but they could at least give you some ideas on what they have found
successful and unsuccessful.

BTW, the new components and ideas were on display at the NC State convention
back in November.

If this avenue doesn't help, contact me and we'll brainstorm for a while.

Merry Christmas,

Allan Gilreath
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College