Shop machinery

Jeannie Grassi 72164.3367@compuserve.com
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 11:12:57 -0500 (EST)

On Dec. 19, 1995, Alan Crane wrote:
<I have two Delta radial drill presses; an older one at home and a newer
one here at WSU.  Both work well and I have few complaints...*but*...I
wish American Machine & Tool company had come out with theirs sooner.
It looks heftier than the Delta and has many features and accessories
which the Delta could use (like a crank operated rack-and-pinion table
height adjustment mechanism...my main pet peve with my Deltas).>

I agree.  When I was upgrading my shop a couple of years ago, the only reason I
didn't buy the Delta was because of the lack of an easy adjustment for the
table.  Within a year after buying  my standard drill press, AMT started
advertising theirs.  I also have had good results when ordering from AMT, but
wondered about the overall quality of their heavy machines.

While we're on the subject of machinery.  I have the chance to purchase an
almost new heavy duty belt and disc sander.  While I can think of a few ways to
use one, especially with keytop replacement, I'm wondering how many of you use
one on a regular basis and what other applications in our work there might be
for it.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Bainbridge Island, WA