Shop machinery

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 12:59:07 -0600

At  9:15 AM 12/21/95 -0700, Jeannie Grassi wrote:

>I agree.  When I was upgrading my shop a couple of years ago, the only reason I
>didn't buy the Delta was because of the lack of an easy adjustment for the
>table.  Within a year after buying  my standard drill press, AMT started
>advertising theirs.  I also have had good results when ordering from AMT, but
>wondered about the overall quality of their heavy machines.

_________

I just called AMT and it seems that they must lean toward the radial
presses. They told me that they carry only one floor standing regular drill
press. It has a throat depth of only 6 1/2" and is priced at $199.00.
Thanks anyway, but I will look for something larger.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College
johnsond@stolaf.edu
djohn@skypoint.com