Piano Tuning/Repair

Dennis Arden a440tech@loop.com
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 10:24:35 -0800

>Please let us know what a "perfect pitched tuner" is.  I try to stand at
>various angles while tuning so as not to get tired.  I have yet to determine
>the perfect pitch.
>Is the pitch the same for left handed tuners?   How do I see my Accu-Tuner
>from various pitches.
>

>You CAUT cats don't need to reply.  I'm sure you've explored and illucidated
>on all the pitch's possible.
>
>TFPIC
>Tom Thompson, Registered Voter

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a "perfect pitch tuner".  Music is
theoretical; e.g., music theory. Human hearing is quite fallable. This is
why electronic tunings are usually improper (even to an unsophistocated
ear.) They are usually based on a mathematical foundation and can only be
used as
a "scratch pad", not an absolute. This is also the reason that tuners will
vary on tunings due to their specific "signitures".

One tech's version...

Dennis S. Arden RPT, EA
Certified Piano Works of Southern California