Piano Tuning/Repair

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 14:34:24 -0500

Silly me.  I always thought "perfect pitch" was when the bases were loaded in
the bottom of the ninth, visiting team is ahead by one run, the count is
three and two on the cleanup hitter, and he swings and misses at a fade away
slider, i.e. perfect pitch

Seriously, I've always wondered how anyone could have perfect pitch.  I mean,
 without a tuning fork I can sing you an A, but I can't say whether it's 440
or not.  Most people I've met who claim to have perfect pitch seem to think
they are dead on A440.  Did people with perfect pitch in the years before the
world settled on A440 spend their lives in what they perceived as an
eternally out of tune world?  I can't count the number of times I've heard
customers tell me about their sons, daughters, brothers, neighbors etc. who
have perfect pitch.  These are also the people who don't read a note of
music, but can play anything "by heart"

Opps!!!!.....I'm starting to vent, (probably not a proper thing to do, esp.
at Christmas)

Gordon Large
Maine(ly snow)