Jumping Pins

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 17:19:34 -0500

Nice Chickering grand.  Rebuilt 10 years ago.  Tuning pins are now rusty
(inside the block) and jumping.  Piano is untunable. What to do? Naptha,
Chalk, sandpaper bushing, etc.  Piano already has size 4 pins.

Also is their a guide on how much time repairs should take.  For billing
purposes.  I always thought I was charging too much until a plumber came to
my house,  took fished a comb from the commode and left 5 minutes later with
a tuning and a halfs worth of dollar bills.  I enjoy the chats.  Any help to
this begining tech would be helpful.

Dick