Key dip question

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 21:55:15 -0500

>Is there any way to adjust the key depth on a piano so the key response
>happens more at the surface?

Sounds more like a touch weight issue than keydip.  I just lowered a B 10
grams (from 56 to 44) and the pianist marveled at the RESPONSE.  Now we all
know that's not what is happening, but if you make the touchweight lighter,
you are essentially eleminating the resistance found before letoff (at least
some).  Hence what is perceived as a more responsive key.
Just a thought.

Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com