Falconwood Pinblock Problems

EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 00:46:55 -0500 (EST)

Happy Holidays to All!!
      I too have used pin driving fluid over the years and agree that it
makes pin driving much easier.  The pins of course will not feel as tight
initially as they will after the fluid has finished setting up. Like Horace
I also have used Trefz pin driving fluid for years.  Indeed I got my first
bottle in 1966 when I used to get it over tghe counter at Trefz in P
Philadephia before the fire.  In more recent years I bought it directly from
Ed Trefz
.  I haven't seen him for a long time and I believe he is selling
the pin driving fluid through APSCO.  I believe his phone number is 215-
237-1352.  If someone tries the number, you can tell the rest of us if it is
correct and what he is now doing.  Perhaps someone in the Philadelphia chapter
can fill us in about how Ed is doing.
          As for the composition of the fluid, Horace, you may be right about
the shellac, but I was always under the impression that it is varnish with
 rosin and I believe that is what Ed Trefz told me years ago when I asked him.
His only comment about the varnish was that it should be a natural varnish,
not a synthetic or have any sorts of additives to it.  I presume that would
not using polyurethane, for instance.  If anyone gets a kdefinitive ans

answer, please let the rest of us know.
Ed Hilbert
Vermont Chapter
EHilbert@Middlebury.EDU