Electronic/Aural Tuning

Dean Reyburn 75601.2765@compuserve.com
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 15:49:03 -0500 (EST)

On 12-23-95 Sy Zabrocki wrote:
>The results of a good aural tuner and an experienced SAT tuner should be
>very close to identical. There are advanced modes of the SAT which are
>extremely accurrate and consistent each time. Even if one used only the
>simplest stretch mode the public would be well served. There are probably a
>good percentage of tuners  who could not equal it consistently.

Right on Sy.

I would take that one step further, and say that it would be very _difficult_
for either an aural-only OR and electronic-only tuner to produce as high quality
tuning as an expert aural tuner using her/her ears AND a Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(SAT)  This is especially true if you consider a reasonable time factor for
tuning such as an hour so.  The SAT compliments aural tuning and vice-versa if
used together correctly.

Dean

* Dean L. Reyburn, RPT                                  *
* "Software Solutions for Piano Technicians"            *
* REYBURN PIANO SERVICE, INC.                           *
* Sanderson Accu-Tuner Authorized Distributor           *
* 2695 Indian Lakes Rd, NE  Cedar Springs, MI  49319    *
* 616-696-0500    Fax: 616-696-8121                     *
* INTERNET:75601.2765@compuserve.com                    *