the Pianotech Digest Searcher

David Parkhurst wind@crl.com
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 21:40:20 -0700

> What about the "=" sign?  I take it these "Boolean Operators" are a good
> thing to know about in other respects to our use of computers.  Thanks for
> explaining.
>
> Would give us some more examples of different combinations of the operators?

> >> "Enter search word(s) (or = , and = ; * = # )"

The phrase " (or = , and = ; * = # )" is my poor attempt at a
reminder as to which characters represent the boolean logic
operators "or" and "and" plus one which can be used as a
"wildcard". The equals sign is a simple way to show which
operator is associated with which character. It has no other
purpose.

As people begin to explore the Searcher they'll soon discover
its rough edges and yawning crevasses. There are many still but
I'm chipping away and filling as my time allows. For a thorough
discussion on the subject of the search parameters please see:

http://www.webcom.com/webcom/help/index/search_parms.html

The search engine used by the Searcher is called Glimpse and is
provided by Webcom as a service to all its customers.

The Searcher itself can be found at:

http://www.webcom.com/wind/ptsearch.html

David Parkhurst
assoc. -- PTG SF,CA.