Damper Underlever Weights

Laurence Beach lbeach@sfu.ca
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 12:13:16 -0800 (PST)

>David Sanderson posted:
>>>...The customer felt his repetition was poor. I could not
>find any problem with the action per se. I could get all the reptition needed
>using two index fingers and could not imagine him needing any more than
>that...<<

I have had a few customers pleading for better repetition.  Very often,
the action is working 'within specs', and so I would normally conclude
that there is nothing wrong.  I have found that by reducing the letoff as
much as possible, the repetition is greatly improved on grands, and by
reducing the back check distance on uprights.  Of course, there can be a
danger of the hammer bubbling against the string if either of these are
set too close to the string.

Laurence Beach
Vancouver BC
Canada