Rodents

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 05:45:27 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 29 Dec 1995 Kam544@aol.com wrote:

> Happy Upcoming New Year,
>
> I'm hoping at least one of you subscribers has a solution for a pesky
> problem.  Is there any sure fire method, such as poisons, traps, etc., for
> keeping mice out of pianos in rural church areas, other than barricading all
> of the access places with wire mesh type material?
>
> Keith A. McGavern, RPT
> Oklahoma Chapter 731
> Oklahoma Baptist University
> Shawnee, Oklahoma

      Keith,

      I am not sure if this would be considered a practical solution
but I heard of a community hall in Alberta who solved the problem. They
constructed a wall of sheet metal. I assume it was 18 inches or so in
height and joined at the corners.

      When the pianist was finished using the piano, two people would
place the "wall" over the piano so that it rested on the floor and
completely surrounded the instrument. It kept any mice in the vicinity
from visiting the piano until the next time it was used.

      Ken Burton
      "Doctor Piano"
     Calgary, Alberta