Perfect Pitch

N&B Brickman nbb@us.net
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 09:29:07 -0500

     Our thread on Perfect Pitch has been very interesting to follow.  For a
serious student on the subject I also recommend an article by Sandra
Blakeslee that appeared in The New York Times on 20 November 1990.  (If you
are an MPT member it is also in your April 1991 Journal issue - reprinted
with permission from NYT.)
     Besides relating information on individuals, and different types of
pitch recognition abilties, a lot of the article deals with the scientific
investigative work being done in the area, the type of tests being
performed, and the findings by some scientists that genetics plays a large role.

          Norman Brickman

nbb@us.net