Mailing list -Reply

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 11:27:07 -0500

>Is it normal when you post a message to pianotech that the person posting
the
>message does not view the message on their own computer? It does make sense
>to me I just wasn't sure if everyone else had it this way also.
>   How do you seperate words, sentences or parargraphs and include them in
>your reply to someone else's posting? Highlighting?

Doug,

In using AOL 2.5, as I am, you can include a quote (as above) by opening the
incoming message, highlighting the desired portion then clicking on reply.  I
have not found a way to include multiple quotes from a source.  Just be sure
to address a personal message to that person rather than to the whole list
which <reply> will do.

You can find all of you own posts, unless you delete them, under MAIL,
PERSONAL FILING CABINET, ARCHIVES, MAIL YOU'VE SENT.  (Pardon the all caps,
but it seemed the best way to indicate the choices.)

Don't worry about the subject problem.  In my experience, the listserver just
seems to ignore things in the subject.  However, I think that I would avoid
command words just in case.

I hope this helps other AOL users on the list.  If I can be of any further
service, feel free to email me privately.

Allan Gilreath
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College
Gilreath@aol.com