noisy artist benches

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 20:26:40 -0600 (CST)

HI All!

Here at WSU we have the usual assortment of artist benches.  Some from
MAFCO, some from Jansen, and some from 'whoknowswhere'.  We even have
one of the 'Bosendorfer' pneumatic benches which are now made by Jansen
under license from B-dorfer (Jansen refers to it as the 'hydraulic'
bench).  So far, I like it very much.

My question concerns the MAFCO benches.  They are noisy!  Almost all of
the ones here 'clunk' if the pianist shifts their weight from side to
side.  I can see where the play is in the mechanism which allows this to
occur but I haven't figured out what to do about it.  Has anyone come up
with a solution which works well for them?  Has anyone else ideas which
they've not tried yet but seem like they ought to work?  I'd appreciate
some help on this one!! (Yes, I tightened *everything*!)

Alan Crane, RPT
Wichita State University
crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu