removing Steinway plate crosspiece

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Wed, 01 Feb 1995 08:14:10 -0500

In fact an earlier issue of "Piano Quarterly" magazine covered that same
subject, the danger in removing a cross brace with full string tension load.
Editor Robert Silverman asked Michael Mohr, who said no problem, they do it
at the factory frequently. (I don't have the issue, but it was sometime in
the years '89-92.)

Bill Ballard RPT    "Lady, this piano is what it is, I am what I am,
           NH Chapter          and you are what you are"    From a recurring
nightmare.