No subject

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu, 02 Feb 1995 08:19:12 -0600

Things are just getting underway with my Bluethner rebuilding project and
I'm trying to locate felt for various places -- understring felt,
stringing braid, hitchpin punchings, etc.  Problem is, APSCO, Schaff and
Renner don't appear to supply *cobalt blue* felt! Aye-yi-yi!  Anyone have
a source for that color?

While I'm at it -- has anyone here modernized the action in a Bluethner
(ie. replaced the old quasi-English action with modern wippen, capstan
and hammershanks/flanges)?  I understand that Jim Reeder (Michigan Piano
Sales in Grand Ledge, MI) does this kind of thing and is a Bluethner
dealer.  This particular Bluethner doesn't have the fourth string (Jim
wrote an article on the subject a few months back) but it does have
agraffes top to bottom.  What criteria determines whether or not they
should be replaced?  None appear to be in trouble structurally.

Ron Torrella                  Self-explanatory - [A]bort [C]ancel [R]etry
University of Illinois              Inexplicable   -   + + +