gopher & WWW

musselj@cadvision.com musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 06 Feb 1995 09:34:43 +0000

Hi Harry...

//--- forwarded letter -------------------------------------------------------

> > know it's unique address, called a URL for Uniform Resource Locator.
> > Netscape is one such program, available at ftp://ftp.mcom.com/netscape/.
>
> Or you could get Mosaic from ftp ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu in /Web/Mosaic/Windows
> for PCs or /Web/Mosaic/Mac for Macs.  There are several other files

I'd recommend Netscape over Mosaic... it's MUCH faster and the ability to select before the
entire document draws speeds things up tremendously.

The OS/2 Information Superhighway package is what I'm using to access my PPP account here in
Calgary. It isn't the speediest, but the Web Browser is REAL cool! You can take any graphic
displayed and just drop it on the desktop to save it!

// John Musselwhite, RPT   Calgary, AB CANADA
// Internet: musselj@cadvision.com or john.musselwhite@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca
// MetroNet: 201:5500/67     FidoNet 1:134/67