fortepianos

Steve Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Tue, 07 Feb 1995 17:36:16 -0800 (PST)

I have an old card of John Lyon's which gives his phone# as 313-437-3059.
This card, however, gives his address as New Hudson, MI rather than East
Point, so it may be outdated.

Another excellent builder of fortepianos is Rod Regier in Freeport, Maine.

On Tue, 7 Feb 1995, Ron Torrella wrote:

> Renner's catalog shows this type of leather.  There are several fortepiano
> makers in the States who would probably be good to contact regarding the
> delicate subject of hammer leather.  One person is John Lyon in East
> Point, Michigan (Lyon Keyboard Instruments).  I don't have a phone number.
> Try directory assistance....  Replacing hammer leather is going to be
> time-consuming and rather tedious.  HINT: The scraps you get from APSCO
> are better suited to gripping nuts that you don't want to mung up....
>
> Ron Torrella                Self-explanatory - [A]bort [C]ancel [R]etry
> University of Illinois                  Inexplicable   -   + + +

Steve Brady, RPT        "The most expert and rapid tuners are...
University of Washington       possessed of a highly excitable,
sbrady@u.washington.edu        nervous, and emotional temperament,
                         verging on the border of insanity at times."
                              -Daniel Spillane, The Tuner's Guide