what's a home page?

musselj@cadvision.com musselj@cadvision.com
Wed, 08 Feb 1995 00:16:43 +0000

Hi David...

> What's a home page?

The most exciting thing to happen to communications since the telephone! Here
in Calgary, for less than the cost of a phone line anyone with a computer
capable of running WIndows or OS/2 can have multi-media access to the world.

For example, a home page about pianos could have yourlogo (or the PTG) in high
quality color print on your screen with pictures and graphics AND sound. A
chapter could sponsor a home page (with the proper cooperation) and offer to
the world information about how their chapter interacts with the local world of
piano music including things like photos and recordings of interesting pianos
chapter members look after, tips for owners and piano afficionados, promotion
of concerts and events open to the public a chapter might sponsor etc.. Web
pages also offer the ability to link to other locations anywhere in the world
instantly which may have something of a similar interest.