fortepianos, politics

richard west rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu
Sat, 11 Feb 1995 08:26:02 -0600 (CST)

Many, many thanks to Bill Darst and all the others that contributed
ideas/information about fortepianos.  I am constantly amazed at the
mass of information coming through pianotech.  If this is what the
electronic superhighway is all about, keep it coming.  It's great!

Now for something that is entirely different--faculty concerns.  We
will be hiring two new piano faculty over the next two years.  Next
month 4 candidates will be visiting and I will have some time to meet
with each one as he/she comes through.  I'm trying to arrive at a list
of 5 to 10 questions that I could ask each one.  So your mission,
should you choose to accept it, is:  What are the top ten issues that
define a good working relationship between piano faculty and piano
technician?  (Do you supposed Letterman could come up with a good top
ten list too?  What's his email address?)

Richard West
University of Nebraska
rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu