Copper Glue Pots?

Barbara Richmond berich@heartland.bradley.edu
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 08:05:31 -0600 (CST)

I don't know about copper glue pots, but here's what I do.

I use my glue pot kind of like a double boiler.  Load the
glue in a baby food jar (or some other small glass jar) add
the approrpiate amount of water to the glue and then set it
in the glue pot that has already been filled with some water.
When "cooking" the glue I cover the jar loosely with it's lid
and then cover the glue pot with an old plastic coffee can lid
that has a small hole cut in the center.  It can cook a long
time like this and never dry out.  I also find it handy while
working to have hot water from the glue pot to add to the glue
(I use a straw or an eye dropper).  Also, if I need to leave
for a while, putting the plastic lid on the pot keeps the glue
from getting a skin on top.  All this keeps me from wasting
glue and keeps the glue pot clean.

Hope you find this helpful.

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University