fortepianos

Newton Hunt nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 13:27:11 -0500 (EST)

Two little items.
      I buy quantities of little brushes with metal handles.  I drill two
holes in the handle for a press fit of center pins.  The holes are located so
the upper of allows the brush to just brush the bottom of a baby food jar and
the lower pin allows the lid of the jar to be lifted with the brush so it
stays put with the brush.  Nice idea using a plastic lid for the whole pot,
thinks.
      We have a Regier representing instruments made from 1790 to about
1810.  It has brass low bass strings.  The cabinet work is delightful, as is
the rest of the instrument.  We have had little or no problems that I was
unable to handle.  We have had the instrument for about five years.
            Newton