Key ratio

Rick.Florence@asu.edu Rick.Florence@asu.edu
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 16:28:56 -0700

Can someone please clarify for me what the termination points are when
measuring for key ratio (2:1).

I attended the California convention this weekend and in a class taught by
Richard Davenport and Mark Stern it was mentioned that the capstan-balance
hole measurement is from the balance hole to the top of the capstan.  The
top is used as that is the top of the actual lever.

Now that I have returned and all that stuff is slowly sinking in I wonder
if I should be measuring to the top of the front of the key as well.

You may now submit all of your brilliant answers in an orderly fashion.

Thanks!

----
Rick Florence, Piano Technician
 Arizona State University School of Music
 Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu
 Phone (602)965-6760