politics -Reply

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 21:20:26 -0700

>>> richard west <rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu> 02/18/95 03:35pm

First, I want to thank everyone who offered assistance on the
care and feeding of fortepianos.  It has been helpful and
appreciated.

Thirdly, I understand from a post from vince that pianotech was
down last weekend.  I posted a query then and have received no
response.  I assume it got lost in cyberspace so I'll repeat it.
We have two piano faculty positions that will be filled this year
and  next.  I will be meeting with the first 4 candidates next
month.  What would be the top 5 questions you would ask
prospective piano faculty?  Are there any clues (signs, auras,
strange behaviors, etc.) that might tip off the temperamental (no
pun intented) artiste who feeds on the  flesh of unsuspecting
piano technicians?

Richard West
Naive Nebraskan rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu

You, as piano technician get to interview prospective piano
faculty ?!! I'm surprised.
It's been my experience that the ones who genuinely know
something of their instrument, as opposed to those who think
they know, are much easier to get along with, maybe because
they DO understand somewhat what goes into being a piano
technician. Maybe a question or two about what they know about
their instrument would be in order. But since I haven't been in the
position you are, maybe I'm off base. Anyway, just a thought.

happy interviewing
vince mrykalo rpt