Quality pianos

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 10:04:40 -0800 (PST)

>"They COULD have bought a better (piano)"!  BUT, I'm sure they weren't
>crying that they couldn't spend MORE money! I've worked with this
>type of customer in the past, and have seen consumer reluctance to
>spend their hard-earned money on ANYTHING! Unless of course it sits in
>their driveway, and they can drive around in it to flaunt their affluence!
>They believe these sales pitches because they WANT to, and they want to
>because they DON'T want to spend one more cent than they have to.

I hear dealers talk about this type of customer - it seems to be their
justification for their deceptive and heavy handed tactics.  The reasoning
goes " these losers don't want to pay for quality and if I don't sell them,
someone else will."  I guess these customers get what they deserve.  The
problem is that these dealers get a mindset that paints their customers with
too broad a brush and they use this reasoning on every customer that walks
in the door.

Mark
Mark Story, RPT

Eastern Washington University        |  mstory@ewu.edu