politics -Reply

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 09:39:08 -0800 (PST)

>I suspect that the administration sees this as merely a formality --
>perhaps a tie-breaker in the remote likelihood that there's no concensus
>on a particular candidate.  I can't imagine that a piano technician would
>be an equal among faculty when deciding on a new faculty member.

Sheesh, me either.  I get treated with a reasonable amount of respect around
here (mostly meaning they leave me alone), but when push comes to shove and
the travel money and other perks are doled out, I have no illusions about
where my place is - somewhere between the secretary and the custodian.  I
did have a Dean once that was unusually iconoclastic and egalitarian (I
think that's in part why he lost his job), but he was definitely an aberration.

Mark

Mark Story, RPT

Eastern Washington University        |  mstory@ewu.edu
Cheney, Washington, USA                |  mark.story@phunnet.org