Rubber bumper material for pianos on trucks. -Reply

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 07:22:06 -0700

>>> Martha L. Gay <MLGay@ix.netcom.com> 02/24/95 06:34am

My friend at GWU would like to put rubber bumper material on
pianos that  people play bumper cars with, not only to protect the
cabinets, but also  to cover up the gashes.  But, where, do you
buy this stuff?  Surely, you  other University folks have had to
cope with this problem.  What do you  do?  Thanks.

Carol Beigel

Here at this university, we use that clear plastic corner protecter
stuff you get at hardware stores to (of course) protect the
corners of instruments in classrooms. But that rubber bumper
stuff sounds like an excellent idea. I guess try industrial supply
places in your city (or the nearest city to you). At least that's
where I'd start.

good luck
vince mrykalo rpt