Poor Supply Service

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 08:49:49 -0600

On Fri, 24 Feb 1995 Yardbird47@aol.com wrote:

> Has anyone else had difficulty with APSCo lately? I ordered supplies for a
> restringing on 2/13, and after 10 days called to find that the order hadn't
> been shipped. One sales rep told me they were training new staff there,
> another said they had a backlog of 200 orders to ship. Did the INS bust them
> for undocumented workers?

APSCO?  Problems getting orders from them in a timely fashion?  Bah!
Never.  They're *always* prompt!  Why, it only took them an average of 2
years to straighten out two merchandise returns.  Schad Sr. said he'd
gotten the packages -- he just hadn't opened them for several months.

I never have problems getting the order takers to understand me -- I
learned three new languages so my orders wouldn't get screwed up!  And
they only go through as many employees in a year as McDonalds in
Campustown, USA.

Really!

Ron Torrella               "Ideal conversation must be an exchange of thought,
School of Music           and not, as many of those who worry most about their
University of Illinois    shortcomings believe, an eloquent exhibition of wit
                    or oratory." -- Emily Post, Etiquette