Rubber bumper material for pianos on trucks.

Rick.Florence@asu.edu Rick.Florence@asu.edu
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 09:36:11 -0700

>My friend at GWU would like to put rubber bumper material on pianos that
>people play bumper cars with, not only to protect the cabinets, but also
>to cover up the gashes.  But, where, do you buy this stuff?  Surely, you
>other University folks have had to cope with this problem.  What do you
>do?  Thanks.
>
>Carol Beigel

Carol,

Our Hamburg D in the concert hall was showing too many signs of the stage
hands demolition derby.  We have black autobody molding on it now - around
the lid edge and down the front of the arms.  It works great.  The self
adhesive backing bonds extremely well and damage has been cut to almost
nothing.  It looks nice and most people don't even know that it's there.  A
good autobody supply shop will have ample selection from a flat bead to a
corner wrap.

Good luck!

----
Rick Florence, Piano Technician
 Arizona State University School of Music
 Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu
 Phone (602)965-6760