Keyframe Duplication

PSLOANE@OCVAXA.CC.OBERLIN.EDU PSLOANE@OCVAXA.CC.OBERLIN.EDU
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 11:46:41 -0500 (EST)

                 ------  ORIGINAL POSTING   -----

I recently "inherited" Steinway L with a totally eaten keyframe (termites had
a feast).   Anyone know a source for duplicating or replacing this, both
reliable and economical?  Thanks in advance for any info.

Bill Springer, RPT
U of Hawaii at Kapiolani C.C.

                      ----  MY REPLY   -------

I believe Bill Spurlock already suggested Pianotek (Bob Marinelli). You
should check this out, but I think Bob only fits new keys to old frames.
Renner provides keyframe duplication service, so I would contact them
also. I know Steinway can provide you with a new frame and all the neces-
sary parts, but all would be unassembled and oversized.I recently fit
a second action to a concert piano here at Oberlin (gives users a choice
in a one piano hall), and I used Steinway to supply the parts. It's a
complicated job, especially getting two different frames (one a Pratt
Reed, the other a Kluge) to work in the same action cavity, but it was
a hell of alot of fun, too.

Good luck--- Ken Sloane, Oberlin Conservatory