Interesting Reference

DAVander@aol.com DAVander@aol.com
Sun, 02 Jul 1995 18:24:19 -0400

>Hello all,
>
>I just downloaded an interesting file from my server (America
>On-Line).  I
>found a file labeled piantung.zip which contains the text (minus
>pictures) of
>a book called "Strictly Tuning" by Ron Van Hoose (who I don't find in
>the PTG
>directory.)  This "course" says that it includes everything that one
>needs to
>know in order to learn to tune any piano or start your own piano
>tuning
>business.  Now maybe I'm just a slow learner, but as a second
>generation
>technician, a member of the Guild for a number of years and a
>perpetual
>student,  the process seems just a little bit more complicated than
>can be
>contained in one book (even Professor Jorgenson's "Tuning").  Any
>thoughts?
>
>Also, if you register with the author, you can receive a certificate
>of
>completion upon completing the course.
>
>Just thought y'all might want to know.

>Allan Gilreath
>Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
>Berry College

I saw this posting and thought I would reply.  About five years ago I was
interested in piano tuning, and saw an ad in the back of some music magazine
that I got from my local music store.  The ad was for  the above mentioned
course, entitled "Strictly Tuning the Acoustic Piano", by Ron Van Hoose, in
Virginia Beach, VA.  I took this course and got a certificate.

Anyone who is interested in my LONG review of this course may write to me at
DAVander@aol.com.

Sincerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
DAVander@aol.com
Joplin, Missouri
Associate Member PTG, Kansas City Chapter

... The Clinton Administration -- Taxation without hesitation!!!