Thin washers

BDeTar@aol.com BDeTar@aol.com
Wed, 05 Jul 1995 16:56:35 -0400

For those interested, I believe the correct spelling for "cloog" is: Kluge.
 They produce a wide variety of piano products.

The agraffes he is referring to can be had from APSCO at a fairly reasonable
price.  Although is IS possible to compress the outer ring on the underside
of the agraffe to facilitate alignment, it may still be necessary to use thin
washers to maintain proper agraffe HEIGHT.  Remember, agraffes are made from
brass and, as such, are subject to premature crystalization from excess
tension caused by over-tightening.

OK, OK, how much is "over-tightening"?  I wouldn't go more than 1/2 turn past
the point of contact with the plate.  Better yet, learn to develop a sense of
trust in your instincts.  This is done by "Trial and Remember"....The "Trial"
coming from holding in those choice words when in the presence of
"inappropriates" when something breaks, and "Remember" not to do it again!!!

"I can deal with `Damn, I screwed up!`...It's `Damn I screwed up AGAIN!!`
that I have trouble with!!"

Hope to see many of you in Albuquerque.

Brian De Tar    RPT
BDeTar@aol.com