Thin washers

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Thu, 06 Jul 1995 01:01:52 -0400

Brian De Tar posted:

<<...OK, OK, how much is "over-tightening"?  I wouldn't go more than 1/2 turn
past
the point of contact with the plate...>>

Referring to May 1984 Piano Technicians Journal, pages 27-29, Shop Talk,
Agraffes, by Susan Graham, RPT, San Francisco Chapter once again, she
explains "...it is advisable to 'force' the agraffe no more than a quarter
turn past the point where it first contacts the plate..."

This might an alternative to preventing a possible  "Damn, I screwed up!" at
all.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter

Referring to