Wippens, Rep springs

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Fri, 07 Jul 1995 09:24:41 -0500

        Since we all seem to agree that these springs are to tight, please
do your part and communicate that message to Lloyd Meyer. I only know of a
few of us who have complained about this but if more people said something
they would change the wire gauge. I also want to see all of the shanks
thinned as well, but I don't fret that much over the loose pinning because
I would have to check everything anyway. As long as the pinning is
consistant, I can repin them quickly.
        Those of us who use somewhat lighter hammers have an even bigger
grievance about those springs. I find that they are all too strong, not
just in the treble.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College