Young-Chang regulating specs

Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 17:57:48 -0400 (EDT)

     Mike,

     Here are the regulating specs you requested. I hope the formatting
     carries through clearly enough to allow you to see what's what.

                   G-150 thru G-208             G-213, G-275
     Dimension                  pre1991 1991    1992 -  (Renner)

Keybed to Strings, Bass         206mm   206mm   206mm   206mm
                     Treble     198mm   198mm   197mm   197mm
Keybed to Hammer Flange center  148mm   148mm   147mm   147mm
Keybed to whippen flange center 84mm    84mm    84mm    84mm
Spread                         112.5mm 112.5mm 113.5mm 115mm

Key Height, from keybed         64.5mm  64.5mm  66mm    66mm
Key Height, sharps              12mm    12mm    12mm    12mm

Hammer Blow, from string        47mm    45mm    45mm    45mm

Let off         Bass            3mm     3mm     2.5mm   2.5mm
        Treble                  2mm     2mm     1.5mm   1.5mm

Drop            Approx. 2mm below letoff. Jack tender should
                contact letoff button simultaneously with
                repetition lever contacting drop screw.

Key Dip                         10.2mm  10.2mm  10.5mm  10.5mm
                Sharps set for equivalent aftertouch to naturals.

Damper Lift             Damper should begin to lift when hammer
                is 20 - 24mm from rest.

Backcheck Distance (from strings) Bass: 14mm              Treble: 13mm

Touch weight, grams (approx)     56      53      53      56 (53 after 1991)

Note: Pre-1991 actions have individual rest cushions for each hammer shank.  All
actions from 1991 forward have an adjustable hammer rest rail.  Actions built
from 1992 forward can be identified by the vertical angle of the let off
buttons.  Previous letoff buttons were angled down and away towards the jacks,
at 96o to the hammer rail.  The letoff buttons in new actions are 90o to the
action rail.

Send me a private note if you need a draft copy of our service guide. I can
E-mail it to you in Word Perfect format or as a TXT file, or snail-mail a
printout to you.

Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com