Wippens, Rep springs

BRENT.FISCHER@asu.edu BRENT.FISCHER@asu.edu
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 15:17:01 -0700

 On Sat, 8 July 1995 Ron Torella wrote:

>Except for unbored/tapered hammers and three very recent purchases of
>pre-hung hammers--and only because we're so shorthanded--I haven't bought
>NY parts in *years* because I think they're quality control is non-
>existent.  (Personal opinion, don't everybody start getting offended!)

Ron, I would appreciate a bit more info on your *bending jig* for
springs. I meant to reply sooner but the system went down last Sunday.
Also can this jig be used to make damper assist springs for underlevers?

about the NY centers although we just pulled several Steinway actions
out of newly arrivals for our loan program. The cloth looks different
as if there is less teflon  being impregranted into the felt and the
centers are much tighter. Also, because I work for the Steinway dealer
it gives me a chance to see current inventory and an opprotunity to say
I believe the quality control of the NY action parts will keep improving
to the point of being at least equal to Renner parts.  It must. We
have already seen New York begin to really make substantial changes
such as the re-mastered plates a few years ago.  Since they continue
to build a piano with the highest structural integrity of any I feel
it is just a matter of time before the other glitches are rectified.

Brent Fischer
Arizona State

..

Brent.Fischer@ASU.EDU