Center Pin Lubricant

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:15:24 -0500

On Thu, 13 Jul 1995, Barrie Heaton wrote:

> I personally store my center pins in a  50/50 dry powder graphite
> and baby powder mixture, (the stuff you put on babies bums)  this
> allows me to have a tighter fit in the wood and the bushing and
> still alow the center to move freely I uses to just use 100%
> graphite but this was messy and  difficult to get of your hands.

Aren't you concerned about all of that extra garbage (perfumes and such)
in the baby powder causing squeaks in the action centers?  Perhaps you
mean pure talc powder?  (Unadulterated.)

How does your "solution" make for a tighter fit?

Ron Torrella
School of Music         ** STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY **
University of Illinois