hammerhead mass

BDeTar@aol.com BDeTar@aol.com
Thu, 13 Jul 1995 23:11:22 -0400

Stephen

For quite some time I have wanted to do experiments of the same nature.  When
redesigning a string scale, I have long wanted to be able to predict the
"loudness potential" of a string based on the mass (and RESILIENCY) of the
hammer and string as well as the string tension.  I am envious and excited by
the potential of your study.

I wish I had data on hammerhead masses already in the computer, but I don't.
 I have been involved in string scale analysis and redesign for many years,
though and I do have a fair number of string scales, if that is of any use to
you.  The equations are fairly straight forward though, and I would imagine
you would merely plug those into the "total" equation.

I believe there will be considerable interest in your project, so, please
keep us posted!!

Thank you,

Brian De Tar  RPT
BDeTar@aol.com                  "NO OBSTACLES...ONLY OPPORTUNITIES!"