Building a Business/getting experience

Swwpiano@aol.com Swwpiano@aol.com
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 10:39:50 -0400

To introduce myself, I'm Scott Woerner, a newcomer to this mailing list and
to the profession - I've taken a 6 month course in piano tuning, regulating
and repair, have tuned 10 or so pianos so far, but have exhausted my personal
and church choir contacts for work. I know that more than anything I need to
get a lot of tunings under my belt in order to become proficient - I've
placed an ad in a local paper, am putting up fliers in chuches, etc, and am
joining the PTG - any other suggestions? Do people to
work-study/apprenticeships in this profession? Any suggestions would be
appreciated. I live in Central New Jersey. Thanks.