More Agraffee

Mark Story MSTORY@ewu.edu
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 14:42:37 -0800 (PST)

>In a message dated 95-07-07 19:56:42 EDT, David M. Porritt wrote:

>>Any chance that some of those technical bulletins could be made
>>available here?

>The problem is that most Tech Bulletins include illustrations, which don't
>work too well across the 'Net.  While it is possible to send illustrations,
>it requires a certain amount of "tweeking" for the sender and receiver.  It
>also requires the graphics to be a separate file from the text, taking it
>somewhat out of context from the original printed bulletin.  Furthermore,
>graphics file require a large amount of memory, significantly increasing
>download time.

Frank,

Here, we use Adobe Acrobat as our cross-platform document exchange format. It
allows interchange of formatting, graphics and fonts across Windows and Mac
platforms. The client or reader application is freely distributable. Another
possibility would be Winword. I think Microsoft is listening to Adobe, since
now it has a Winword reader that is freely distributable.

As far as "doing business", while I appreciate your concern, I would consider
this a service and would welcome it from all three of you online here - as I
already do for the comments you all make from your unique perspectives.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA