action geometry

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 13:52:18 -0400

Richard West rote, 7/9:
<<Are we, as piano technicians, reinventing the wheel?  It seems we are
finally discovering action geometry as the latest thing in rebuilding.
 Manufactureres have been inventing the wheel, so to speak, for centuries.
  Are we, as piano technicians, reinventing the wheel?  It seems we are
finally discovering action geometry as the latest thing in rebuilding.
Manufactureres have been inventing the wheel, so to speak, for centuries.>>

We wouldn't be having to reinvent the wheel if some manufacturers showed
better sense in their choice of leverages (S&S pre-84 shank) and hammer
weights (Renner's Gross5). We wouldn't have to be "discovering action
geometry as the latest thing in rebuilding" if we didn't insist on putting
1995 parts onto a 1895 keyboard. Don't worry, this is no Spring fashion.
If you can measure it, you can control and regulate it. This I have learned
at every step of the way with David Stanwood.

Bill Ballard, RPT     "Out here on the food chain, you either diet,

NH Chapt, PTG               die, or dine" .......folksinger Mark Graham