List etiquette

k.swafford@genie.geis.com k.swafford@genie.geis.com
Thu, 08 Jun 1995 18:46:00 -0600 (UTC)

>I suppose it was inevitable - I guess the time has come to deal with
>advertising on the list. If we don't want this list to be taken over
>by people trying to peddle one thing or another,(hey - free
>advertising! Go get them!) maybe we should let Mr. Johnson know that
>this kind of thing generally isn't tolerated on mailing lists. Unless,
>of course, the majority of the subscribers would like to allow it. In
>which case we'll probably need a poll...
>
>Israel Stein

     It is a matter of concern to me that our much valued right of
free speech might not be extended as it should be to commercial
activity.  It's a shame, in my opinion.  However, my opinion about
this does not matter here, because this list is not a democracy.
What the owners of this list say, goes.  Period.

                                             Kent Swafford