**HUMOR** Re: Steinway pianos: NY vs. Hamburg

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat, 24 Jun 1995 17:20:30 -0500

On Sat, 24 Jun 1995, Robert Snyder wrote:

> To all of you who are interested in this topic...
>
> I hope that those of you out there who are interested - and who hold
> strong views (on either side) will take advantage of the opportunity to
> speak with the Steinway folks who'll be there.... you'll find a very
> large contingent from both factories - - all of whom are coming for the
> specific purpose of settling this issue within the technical community.

Rats!  I won't be there.  Would someone mind asking if this means
Hamburg's quality control will now be on par with New York's (ie. they'll
start importing NY-made action parts and installing soundboards using
the "Lazar The Laser" method)?    8-0  !

*This* will be an interesting exercise in diplomacy!  They'll probably
make you check your tools at the door.  Wouldn't want the tuning hammers
to start flying!

Ron Torrella
School of Music         ** STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY **
University of Illinois